§ 1 Name
The name of the organisation is the New Zealand Association for Behaviour Analysis (NZABA)
§ 2 Purpose
NZABA is an organization for people engaged in behaviour analysis. The organization is primarily an interest group. NZABA works to promote behaviour analysis by:
1. Arranging an annual conference for the discussion of research on behaviour analysis.
2. Maintaining a website containing information about the organisation and about behaviour analysis in New Zealand and elsewhere.
3. Functioning as the New Zealand contact for and representative of the Association for Behavior Analysis, ABA International.
4. Promoting cooperation between behaviour analytic organizations in other countries.
5. Helping to fund student attendance at the annual meetings of the organisation.
§ 3 Membership
Any person working in any area of behaviour analysis in any country may be a member of NZABA.
§ 4 Officers
1. The officers consist of a chairperson, a secretary/treasurer, and a conference convenor who are elected by the annual meeting for a period until the next annual conference.
2. Officers may be re-elected for additional periods without restriction.
3. The board of officers will meet when necessary
4. Minutes will be taken at all board meetings.
5. A minimum of two board members constitutes a quorum.
6. In the event of a tie vote, the chairperson casts the deciding vote.
§ 5 Elections
The board is elected by all persons attending the business meeting at the annual conference
§ 6 Representation of the organization
1. Documents issued in the name of the organization shall be signed with the name of the organization and two board members.
2. Each board member may represent the organization.
§ 7 Audit
The treasurer shall provide the accounts at the annual meeting for discussion.
§ 8 Annual meeting
1. The annual meeting shall be held annually during August or September
2. The conference convenor will provide full information about the annual meeting at least three weeks prior to the date of the annual meeting.
3. The agenda for the annual meetings shall include the following items:
a. Election of officers for the annual meeting; including chairperson, secretary and conference convenor.
b. Presentation of the treasurer’s report.
c. Election of the board of officers
d. Other issues and questions
4. Votes and decisions made at the annual meeting shall be decided by a simple majority.
5. A member may not serve as proxy for another member.
6. Motions made to the annual meeting concerning the organization’s activities and by-laws may be made by all persons attending the annual meeting.
§ 9 Changes to the bylaws
Changes to the by-laws require a 2/3 majority of those present at the annual business meeting.
§ 10 Dissolution of the organization
1. A decision to dissolve the organization must be made by a 2/3 majority at two successive annual business meetings.
2. In the event of dissolution, the assets of the organization shall be donated to the Society for the Advancement of Behavior Analysis.