Saturday30th August, University of Otago
The 2015 conference will be hosted by the University of Canterbury in Christchurch. The University of Waikato to host in 2016 unless we identify a new location (see below).
- Randy Grace (Canterbury) to be the president of NZABA.
- Anne Macaskill (Victoria) to remain as secretary.
- Brent Alsop remains treasurer until he has organised with someone from the University of Canterbury to take over.
- We have approximately $12,000 in the NZABA bank account. Anticipated that we will have approximately $7,500 following payment of all conference expenses
- Discussion of the fact that we have been carrying a large bank balance given that the goal of conference fees is to cover our conference costs rather than to make a profit.
- Suggested that we investigate the idea of holding the conference somewhere new, perhaps outside NZ. As we have had many attendees from Australia recently, holding it there is one possibility.
- Action: Investigate the possibility of holding NZABA in Australia in the future, perhaps 2016.
Funding for students and travel costs
- Agreement that the conference itself should remain free to students
- Agreement to try moving the decision making about student travel grants earlier next year to provide students with some surety about how much they will receive. Money will be given to them at the end of the conference.
- Action: Anne Macaskill to organise a trial of this in 2015
- Only students who present are eligible for funding, and preference will also be given to those who have looked for alternative funding.
NZABA will continue not to accept credit card payments?
- Increasing attendance from Australia. Australian attendees would find it easier to pay if they could do so with credit cards. Possibility of running through a service like PayPal
- Discussion of the complex issues involved in accepting credit cards.
- Decided to maintain current options: internet banking, payment with a cheque, payment with cash.
- Discussion of awarding NZABA membership to a small number of long-time members who have now retired.
- Geoff White, Bill Temple, and Michael Davison identified as NZABA members who have made a substantial contribution to the organisation and to NZ Behaviour Analysis over many years.
- Action: Geoff, Bill, and Michael will receive certificates.
- Thank you to Oliver Mudford for nine years of BCBA CEU coordinating. Welcome Katrina Philips to this role.
- Thank you to Celia Lie and her organising committee for a great 2014 conference and to Celia for several years serving as an excellent secretary or president of NZABA